- I got new glasses this week. I love ’em. My sister described them as “nerdy chic”, which I think is apt. They’re adorable and they’re turquoise, and I feel more like myself when I wear them. Also, they make my hazel eyes look perpetually green, which is an interesting side effect I hadn’t considered.
- We had a lovely Father’s Day, spending time with both Andy’s and my fathers. We got to feed my family, which you know I love. And then we spent the evening just hanging out with Andy’s parents. The kids and I got Andy two tickets to Alton Brown Live!, which is the best Father’s Day gift I have ever given myself. 😉
- I just got this little beauty. I think it’s really going to help me as I start really working on getting myself back in shape. I’ve even worked out – get this – two days in a row! Which really is remarkable, and I don’t like that I’ve gotten to a point where that’s an announcement. But I really have, and I’m determined to change that now that Noah is more independent.
- I took Noah to the chiropractor this morning. I went myself on Monday and mentioned that my back is tight because I have a fussy guy who doesn’t go to sleep easily, and my chiropractor said, “Have you thought about getting him adjusted?”. Huh. Duh. No, I had not thought of that, which is quite silly of me, because I believe in the power of chiropractic care. So, today we went, and Noah didn’t care for it one bit. It startled him, but he got over it quickly. Our chiropractor was excellent with him. He showed me that Noah’s left side is weaker than his right and gave me some tips for helping him strengthen it. Apparently he was pretty markedly out of alignment, so hopefully this will help.
- A new HelloMornings session started this week, and I am participating, as usual. The difference this time is that I am adding the exercise component, in addition to my usual Bible study and planning. I have high hopes! I’ll report on progress soon.
Five on Friday: The One with Noah’s First Chiropractic Appointment