- Last Saturday was a nice, laidback day, right up until Andy’s dad decided to go and have a mild heart attack in the middle of Menard’s. See, sometimes you have to be flippant about stuff because the other option is too upsetting. He scared us, but he’s doing great now.
- Andy stayed home from work Monday and Tuesday because he didn’t feel well. I had a meeting on campus Tuesday, over an hour from home, and on the way home I got a message saying Andy got lightheaded and had heart palpitations and was heading to the ER. I mean, seriously? He’s fine, too. Turns out he’s what the medical community refers to as a “fainter”, and he needed more rest and sustenance in his sick state.
- It was a busy, busy week, for reasons scheduled and unscheduled. The kids and I had some type of activity at least a portion of every day this week. That’s almost unheard of these days. This was one of those weeks so full of drama and activity I don’t even know what all to tell you. So, sorry you’re getting this post so late, and that you haven’t heard boo from me for a week. It’s all part of my resting and not striving thing – I didn’t have time to post without it being a stressor, so I didn’t post. When I put it that way, aren’t you proud of me? 😉
- Speaking of not posting much and such, that’s going to be more common. I’ll be here, and I’m hoping to post a minimum of twice a week typically, but I’m not going to make any promises and I’m not going to feel guilty if I don’t get my posts up. You can always count on this Friday post (ahem…yes, I know it’s the wee hours of Saturday…). I still have plans for more clean eating posts, and to post about the house as we get things rolling, so I’m not going anywhere. I guess what I’m saying is I’m changing my approach to the blog for the foreseeable future. Again, it’s a reflection of my word/unword. Instead of being hyper-planned, I’m going to roll with life.
- Being more relaxed has afforded me increased time to read recently, and that has been lovely. I’m reading a mixture of fiction and nonfiction, as well as the blogs I follow and some magazines. I’ll catch you up at the end of the month in my “what I’m into” post.
- So, the best news of this weird, fairly unpleasant week is pretty huge news to me – Nickel Creek added a concert date very near my home, and I am going. Just over two months until I get to join my siblings in very good seats to listen to my very favorite band play music together. I. AM. SO. EXCITED.
- Aria is the sweetest kid. I’m telling you. Yesterday she thanked me for cleaning her rear end when I changed her diaper. Today she behaved so beautifully at a funeral the kids and I attended. She has been sharing her toys, unsolicited, with her brother. I enjoy her sweet, joyful personality so much. This week we had to move Noah out of his cosleeper, because he displayed the ability to climb out of it. I’m trying to teach him to sleep in a pack ‘n play at the foot of our bed, and it’s starting to stick a little. He’s sleeping there right now, though whenever he next wakes to feed he’ll probably move into our bed for the remainder of the night. But, hey, progress! Because a few nights ago he would wake up and scream bloody murder the second his body hit the mattress. He has a strong will and a decided opinion about, well, everything. (If you are grinning to yourself and thinking you don’t really feel sorry for me because that sounds familiar – I don’t blame you.) He’s also friendly and extremely quick to smile. Both of our children are beautiful blessings.
7 Quick Takes: The One with Various Hospital Visits